Fresh Beets with Orange Sauce
- 2 pounds fresh beets
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Beets: Cut tops off beets, leaving 1 inch of stem and root end. Boil in salted
water, covered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cut tops off. Slip
off skins of beets and slice. Place in hot Orange Sauce and serve.
- Orange Sauce: Mix all ingredients and cook in double boiler until cornstarch