This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fried Eggplant Sticks
- 1 (1 pound) eggplant, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 slices day-old bread
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Grated Romano cheese
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 3 x 1/2-inch sticks. Sprinkle with salt and let
drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Pat the eggplant sticks dry. Place a little salt, pepper and flour in a bag.
Put eggplant in a bag and shake, coating with seasoned flour.
- Place bread in food
processor and process to make bread crumbs.
- Shake excess flour off eggplant sticks.
- Dip into milk, let excess milk drip off, then dredge in bread crumbs. Shake off excess
- Heat deep oil to 350 degrees F.
- Fry in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese.