Fried Green Tomatoes Parmesan
- 4 medium firm green tomatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Canola or peanut oil, for frying
- Ranch dressing, your favorite
- Cut each tomato into four even slices after slicing off the blossom and stem
- Place the flour in a zipper top bag and salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the beaten eggs and place in a medium bowl; add Tabasco sauce, to taste, and mix well.
- In a larger bowl, mix together breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, and add salt and
pepper to taste.
- Take four slices of tomato, place them in the bag with the flour,
inflate bag and shake well to lightly coat the tomato slices.
- Take tomato slices,
one at a time and dip into egg mixture, then into bread crumb mixture, pressing
gently to evenly coat.
- Repeat until all tomatoes are coated.
- In a large skillet (I prefer cast iron), pour about 1 1/2 inches of oil (I prefer
canola) and heat until very hot.
- Drop slices of tomato into the hot oil and fry
until deep golden brown. Even though the oil should cover the tops of the tomatoes, you may need to turn them once during frying, as the bottoms will tend to brown faster than the tops.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- If you like, sprinkle the tops with more Parmesan.
- Serve with your favorite ranch dressing.
Yield: 16 slices
Nutritional Value: None, I feel sure!
Posted by Shellbob65 at Recipe Goldmine 6/8/01 7:19:18 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.