As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups grits
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Cook grits according to package directions with baking powder added to the water.
Stir in the 2 eggs. Add butter, flour and sugar. Mix well. Cook 15 minutes more.
- Pour the grits mixture into a shallow baking dish to a thickness of about 3/4
inch. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerator overnight.
- Cut grits into squares of desired size, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add
milk to the 3 beaten eggs.
- Dip squares into egg mixture, and fry in hot oil in a large
iron skillet until golden brown, turning only one time.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes