- 4 cups fresh okra, sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable oil
- Rinse okra and slice. Lightly salt and pepper okra. Add cornmeal and flour. Mix
- Heat vegetable oil in cast iron skillet until very hot. Add 1/2 okra mixture.
Cook until light brown, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove to platter with paper towels
- Add next batch of okra mixture. Cook the same as above.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.