As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups fresh okra, sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable oil
- Rinse okra and slice. Lightly salt and pepper okra. Add cornmeal and flour. Mix
- Heat vegetable oil in cast iron skillet until very hot. Add 1/2 okra mixture.
Cook until light brown, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove to platter with paper towels
- Add next batch of okra mixture. Cook the same as above.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes