Fried Onion Rings
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing of choice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Slice onion into thinnest possible rings. Place in a shallow dish.
- Pour ranch dressing and milk over onions, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Shake
to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F in deep saucepan or deep fryer. Remove a small handful
of onion rings from dressing and shake off excess. Drop into flour, separate rings
and shake to coat.
- Drop a few rings at a time into hot oil and cook until golden.
- Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining rings
until all rings have been battered and fried. Keep warm.
Makes 4 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.