Garlic-Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 6-8 medium potatoes)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped chives, for garnish
- Peel, then cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes and place them in a large pot.
Cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes, until potatoes feel tender
when pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are simmering, heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan (do
not let the milk come to a boil). Set aside until the potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are tender, drain in a colander. Return potatoes to now dry pot
and mash them with a potato masher or whip them with an electric mixer, leaving
- Whisk the hot milk/butter mixture slowly into the potatoes until creamy, adding
small amounts of the mixture until potatoes reach desired consistency. Stir in the
sour cream, black pepper and roasted garlic. Add salt to taste, and stir to mix
- Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Serves 6 to 8.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.