Glazed Butternut Squash
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half into 4
wedges. Cut wedges into 2-inch pieces.
- Stir together squash apple cider, water, butter, sugar, salt and pepper in a
12-inch, deep-sided, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cover,
reduce heat, and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until liquid thickens and squash is tender.
- Gently stir in pecans and sage until well combined.