Glistening Peach Squash
- 1 (10 ounce) jar peach preserves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook peach preserves and butter over medium heat, stirring
occasionally until butter is melted (4-5 minutes).
- Place squash halves, cut side up, into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour about 1/3 cup peach mixture into each half. Brush mixture over all cut surfaces
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Garnish each half with 1 tablespoon toasted coconut.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 372 calories; 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat; 34 percent calories
from fat); 66.3 g carbohydrates; 33 mg cholesterol; 158 mg sodium; 2.2 g protein;
6.6 g fiber