This is a wonderful combination of flavors that results in a dish that seems
hearty enough to be a main course. This is good served with baked chicken, green
salad and biscuits.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Shred cabbage. Set aside.
- Finely chop onion and green pepper.
- Chop green onions.
- Cut celery into crosswise slices about 1/8-inch thick.
- Heat butter and oil in large saucepan. Add onions, green pepper and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add cabbage and garlic. Cook, covered, over low heat for
10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in cream.
- Mix bread crumbs with 1/2 cup of the cheese and the parsley. Set aside.
- Add remaining cheese to cabbage mixture.
- Stir in salt and black pepper.
- Turn into 1 1/2-quart buttered shallow casserole.
- Top with crumb-cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden and crisp.
Yield: 4 servings
You may prepare this dish except for final baking, cover and refrigerate. If
chilled, bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes to heat through.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes