- 5 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine onion, sugar, salt, and pepper; stir gently.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet;
add onion mixture, and cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.