This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine onion, sugar, salt, and pepper; stir gently.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet;
add onion mixture, and cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.