This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Green Chile Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 large green chile pepper, chopped (mild to medium hot)
- 2 cups colorful bell peppers (red and yellow preferred, green okay)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 medium to large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen green chili (thawed of course)
- 8 ounces frozen red chili (thawed, as above)
- Salt, tamari and garlic to taste
- 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 to 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet melt butter and add sesame oil. Then sauté the onions, fresh
green chile and mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the onions, chile and mushrooms with the bell peppers, corn
and tomatoes. Add green and red chili. Then add spices, bread crumbs and cheese.
A touch of parmesan is good, too. Adjust spices to taste.
This recipe will stuff a large turkey, with leftovers for pan stuffing.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9:39:35pm 5/6/03.