Herbed Yogurt Baked Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large unpeeled red tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Romano cheese
- Combine yogurt, flour, marjoram, salt and pepper; stir well and set aside.
- Core tomatoes and cut each in half horizontally. Push seeds out of middle section of tomatoes with thumbs.
- Place tomato halves, cut sides up, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture over each tomato half.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the Romano cheese on top of each one.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Yield: 4 stuffed tomato halves
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.