Holiday Green Beans
with Pistachio Pesto
Holiday Green Beans with Pesto Pasta is a delightfully different side dish for
- 1/2 pounds (24 ounces) trimmed green beans, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces, blanched*
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (red, yellow or white)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 roasted yellow or red bell peppers, peeled, seeded and cut in matchsticks
- 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in large nonstick sauté pan. Add onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or
until softened and just beginning to brown.
- Add bacon and cook one minute longer.
- Add beans and bell pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are tender
but still bright green.
- Crumble the pesto over the beans and toss evenly to distribute.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
* I used 1 24 ounce package TJ’s frozen green beans FYI – thawed but not blanched.
Nutrition Analysis for one serving Holiday Green Beans with Pistachio Pesto
Calories 100, Calories from Fat 50, Total Fat 6 g, Sat Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol
5 mg, Sodium 85 mg, Total Carbohydrate 10 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 3 g,
Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%
by Cheryl Forberg
Reprinted with permission from
American Pistachio Growers.