This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Jazzy Mexican Eggplant
- 2 large or 3 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 pound fresh red tomatoes, pared and chopped
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 4 serrano or jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- Wash eggplant, remove stalks and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Fry cubes in oil for approximately five minutes or until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fry cumin and fennel seeds for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until they
turn a shade darker.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes, grated ginger, crushed garlic, coriander
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- Return the fried eggplant cubes to the pan and heat through.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.