Luncheon Mushrooms in Sour Cream
This also makes a good stuffing for crepes.
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash of white pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry or white wine (optional)
- 3 English muffins, split, or 6 frozen puff patty shells
- Parsley sprigs
- Rinse, pat dry and slice thinly the mushrooms. Sauté onions in butter until wilted.
- Add mushrooms and sauté over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in sour cream.
- Add sherry, if desired.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Serve on buttered toasted English muffin halves or in hot patty shells.
Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes