Mashed Potato Pancakes
with Bacon and Onions
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Sour cream (optional)
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon fat.
- Crumble and set aside
3 strips for the pancakes and 2 strips for the topping.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter and reserved 1/2 teaspoon bacon fat in a large nonstick
skillet over medium heat until butter stops foaming.
- Add onion and salt; cook, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes until onion is browned.
- Remove to a small bowl; cover to keep warm. Do not clean skillet.
- Meanwhile mix potatoes, egg, shredded onion and the 3 crumbled strips bacon in
a bowl until well blended.
- Sprinkle flour on a sheet of wax paper.
- Form potatoes into 6 patties. Turn in flour to coat lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat until butter stops foaming.
- Fry potato patties 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Top with onions and remaining crumbled bacon.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
This recipe serves two.
Shared by Sassy with recipegoldmine.com.