Mashed Potato Pancakes with Bacon and Onions
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons shredded onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Sour cream (optional)
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1/2 teaspoon fat.
- Crumble and set aside
3 strips for the pancakes and 2 strips for the topping.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter and reserved 1/2 teaspoon bacon fat in a large nonstick
skillet over medium heat until butter stops foaming.
- Add onion and salt; cook, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes until onion is browned.
- Remove to a small bowl; cover to keep warm. Do not clean skillet.
- Meanwhile mix potatoes, egg, shredded onion and the 3 crumbled strips bacon in
a bowl until well blended.
- Sprinkle flour on a sheet of wax paper.
- Form potatoes into 6 patties. Turn in flour to coat lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat until butter stops foaming.
- Fry potato patties 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Top with onions and remaining crumbled bacon.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
This recipe serves two.
Shared by Sassy with recipegoldmine.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.