Mashed Potatoes au Gratin
- 7 medium size potatoes (slightly over 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, approximately
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Do not overcook. Drain and dry
over heat in the pan.
- Put potatoes through a ricer into a bowl.
- Add the butter, salt, and pepper blending well.
- Gradually blend in the cream until you have the desired consistency. The mixture
should not be too thin.
- Spoon the potatoes into a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with a mixture of the cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake until heated through and golden.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.