Mashed Potatoes with Lemon and Chives
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic
and sauté for 1 minute.
- Mix in lemon peel and then chives and set aside.
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
potatoes to pot and mash, add chive mixture, buttermilk and remaining 3 tablespoons
butter and mash together.
- Season and serve.
Posted by artsycook at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.