Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower
Steaks with Feta Soufflé
Sliced cauliflower is drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and za'atar,
then roasted and served with a delightful Feta Souffle.
- 16 ounces (about 2 2/3 cups) Wisconsin feta cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup crème fraîche
- 6 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Salt to taste
- Ground sumac to taste
- Aleppo pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 (1-inch) thick slice cauliflower, cut from center of trimmed, cored cauliflower head
- Sea salt to taste
- Za'atar spice blend to taste
- Feta Soufflé: Blend feta, crème fraîche, cream cheese and 2 tablespoons olive
oil in food processor until smooth; season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to
use; bring to room temperature at serving time. (Makes enough for 12-15 steaks.)
- Cauliflower: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil in cast iron
pan (for multiple steaks use parchment-covered sheet pan) and place cauliflower
steak over oil. Drizzle with additional olive oil; season with salt and za’atar.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until steak is firm, but yielding.
- Top hot steak with dollop of soufflé drizzled with additional olive oil.
- Sprinkle sumac and Aleppo.
Servings: 1 cauliflower steak
Enough Feta Soufflé for 12-15 steaks
the Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin Marketing Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.