Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower
Steaks with Feta Soufflé
Sliced cauliflower is drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and za'atar,
then roasted and served with a delightful Feta Souffle.
For Feta Soufflé
- 16 ounces (about 2 2/3 cups) Wisconsin feta cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup crème fraîche
- 6 ounces Wisconsin cream cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Salt to taste
- Ground sumac to taste
- Aleppo pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 (1-inch) thick slice cauliflower, cut from center of trimmed, cored cauliflower head
- Sea salt to taste
- Za'atar spice blend to taste
- For soufflé: Blend feta, crème fraîche, cream cheese and 2 tablespoons olive
oil in food processor until smooth; season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to
use; bring to room temperature at serving time. (Makes enough for 12-15 steaks.)
- For cauliflower: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil in cast iron
pan (for multiple steaks use parchment-covered sheet pan) and place cauliflower
steak over oil. Drizzle with additional olive oil; season with salt and za’atar.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until steak is firm, but yielding.
- Top hot steak with dollop of soufflé drizzled with additional olive oil.
- Sprinkle sumac and Aleppo.
Servings: 1 cauliflower steak
Enough Feta Soufflé for 12-15 steaks
the Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin Marketing Board