- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F with the rack in the upper third
- Toss potatoes with butter, salt and pepper, and thyme or rosemary.
- Transfer them to a 9 x 13-inch metal baking dish, arranging the slices in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip them, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- When done, take it out of the oven, add the vegetable or chicken broth, and the garlic cloves.
- Return the pan in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Place the potato slices in a serving platter, and pour the remaining liquid from the pan over the top.
- Serve them warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.