Mexicali Stuffed Potatoes
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- 8 ounce sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly, and rub skins with oil; bake at 400 degrees F for
1 hour or until done.
- Allow potatoes to cool to touch. Cut a 1/2-inch-thick slice from top of each
potato; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact. Mash pulp, stir in sour
- Stuff shells with potato mixture, leaving a well in center.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes; remove from oven.
- Combine canned chili and chopped chile pepper in a small saucepan, simmer 10
minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Spoon chile mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle each potato with 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes
or until the cheese melts.
Yield: 4 servings.
Per Serving: 328 Calories; 17g Fat (45.0% calories from fat); 9g Protein;
37g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 130mg Sodium
Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk;
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.