Mexican Fried Potatoes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add potatoes, stir to coat with oil, then
pat into a flat layer. Cook over medium heat until they begin to sizzle and turn
golden around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and chile and pat into
a flat layer again. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are browned on the
bottom, about 5 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn the potatoes over to brown the other side.
- If using tomatoes, stir them in and pat into a layer again. Sprinkle with salt
to taste, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook until the potatoes are nicely
browned on the bottom again, about 5 minutes.
- If using cheese, sprinkle over the top and cook 2 minutes more, or until the
- Serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.