Mexican-Style Hash Brown Potatoes
- 3 1/4 cup potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup green chiles, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak chopped potatoes in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse them to
remove the excess starch.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to medium-high heat, add the oil, and when
it is very hot but not smoking, add all ingredients. Cook, stirring often, until
the potatoes are tender and well browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.