Mormon Funeral Potatoes
There are many versions of Funeral Potatoes. Some recipes call for putting cheese
(about 1 cup Cheddar, American or whatever you like) in the potato mixture and using
buttered bread crumbs for the topping.
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen hash brown potatoes, preferably Southern-style diced ones
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup (or cream soup of your choice)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pint
- Grated Parmesan cheese and butter for topping
center.html" startspan -->
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and butter, and pour into shallow baking dish.
- Top generously with cheese and dot with bits of butter.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes
or until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.