- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 pound medium-size whole mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the
mushrooms and cook until browned, browning the cap sides first.
- Stir the salt, onion and remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the spinach.
- Line a 10 x 7-inch casserole with the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the spinach.
- Arrange the browned mushrooms over the cheese; season with the garlic salt and top with
the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve hot.