- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- Vegetable oil
- Salt (optional)
- Combine first 9 ingredients; stir in okra.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches in a
Dutch oven; heat to 350 degrees F.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonsful into oil, and
cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.