Old Fashioned Cornbread Dressing
- 9 - 10 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 - 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- Place the crumbled cornbread in a large mixing bowl.
- Add celery and onions.
- Pour the melted butter over all the ingredients along with 3 cups of the broth,
only adding the remainder if needed.
- Add the seasonings gradually. Test to your
taste. Mix well and spoon into a greased 9 x 13-inch casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the cover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.