This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Old Fashioned Eggsparagus
You might call this a crustless asparagus quiche.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- Boiling salted water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim asparagus; cook in boiling salted water until stalks are tender, about 20
- Drain and arrange in a lightly-greased 13 x 9-inch shallow baking dish.
- Beat egg whites to a stiff froth. Fold in beaten egg yolks, milk or cream, butter,
salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over asparagus.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until eggs are set.