Old Time Tomatoes and Rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1 large onion
- 1 can stewed or chopped tomatoes (not crushed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring milk to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour in rice and onion; cover, and reduce
heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes or until milk is absorbed and rice is
- Add tomatoes and cook on medium until juice has been absorbed.
- Stir in butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.