This is excellent with seafood, chicken, veal or turkey.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 6 medium onions, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg or curry powder
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan and add onions. Stir until well coated
with butter, then cook over medium heat until golden here and there.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Add to onions and pour into a buttered 1-quart
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes at 275 degrees F or until set like
Source: The Canadian Cookbook - Mme. Jehane Benoit/1970
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.