This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Onion straws are delicious. Feel free to use whatever seasonings you want and
make it into a signature side dish. They're also great on hamburgers!
- 1 whole onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- Slice onions and place in a bowl.
- Pour milk over onions and let them set for about 30 minutes.
- Mix flour and seasoned salt together.
- Remove the onions from the milk and toss in the flour, coating each one.
- Fry in a
deep fryer for about 2-3 minutes or until batter is golden brown.
- Use as a topping on a sandwich or eat as they are!