Orange Brussels Sprouts
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Drain oranges, reserving liquid; set both aside.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, and remove discolored leaves. Cut off stem ends, and slash
bottom of each sprout with a shallow X.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, water, salt, and pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- Combine reserved liquid from oranges, lemon juice, cornstarch, and basil in a
small saucepan, stirring until cornstarch dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil; boil
1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour orange sauce over Brussels sprouts.
- Add reserved oranges and water chestnuts; toss.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.