Oven Chili Fries
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half into about six long wedges.
Alternatively, cut each potato into thin rounds. A mandoline (a hand-operated device
that evenly slices vegetables) also can be used to cut uniform wedges or rounds.
- Transfer the cut potatoes to a large zip-lock plastic bag. Add the oil, cumin
and chili powder. Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the fries are crisp. For more even crisping, use
a spatula to flip the fries after 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot (and with gobs of ketchup).
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.