This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 eggplants, about 1 pound each
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cut eggplants into diagonal slices. Dredge in flour.
- Beat together egg, oil,
salt and pepper. Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture, then in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place in greased baking pan and cover with foil pierced with fork to make air vents.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap, top each slice of eggplant with a
slice of tomato, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is bubbly.