DO NOT MAKE THIS THE DAY BEFORE! Make it just before stuffing and roasting the
turkey right before you bake it.
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 cups raw oysters, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups oyster liquor plus milk, if needed
- Cook celery, onion and bay leaf in butter until tender but not brown. Discard
the bay leaf.
- Add crumbs and parsley to the butter mixture.
- Add oysters, seasonings and eggs.
- Add enough of the liquid mixture to moisten.
This will stuff a 10- to 12-pound turkey.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.