Parmesan Onion Bake
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender;
drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining 5 tablespoons butter; stir in flour, salt and
pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 11/27/2001 9:40 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes