Pine Nut Stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery and tops
- 1 cup roasted pine nuts
- 3 cups cubed cornbread
- 4 cups slightly stale white bread, cubed
- 3 cups slightly stale wheat bread, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chicken broth (to moisten)
- In a skillet, heat butter and shortening and then sauté onion and celery until
soft and onion is translucent. Add nuts and toss. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cornbread, white and wheat breads. Add onion mixture, including
butter in which vegetables were cooked. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in sage, thyme
and salt and pepper to taste. Moisten with chicken broth until stuffing forms a
ball when lightly pressed.
- Cover with foil and bake in a greased 11 x 7-inch casserole dish at 350 degrees
F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake until dressing is lightly browned on top, about 15 minutes.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.