This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pineapple Noodle Ring
This is a sweet dish and goes well with pot roast.
- 8 slices canned pineapple
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry medium-size noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted shortening or oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons matzo meal or cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 maraschino cherries, stems removed
- Drain pineapple slices and set aside.
- Bring water to boil; add salt. Boil noodles 10 to 12 minutes; drain well.
- Beat eggs, shortening and sugar together until smooth. Stir in cinnamon and nuts.
Combine with drained noodles.
- Stir in cracker crumbs as lightly as possible.
- Grease a 9-inch ring mold well. Scatter brown sugar in mold and press up side
of pan with a fork.
- Place pineapple around sides of pan.
- Put a cherry in the middle of each slice.
- Add noodle mixture as evenly as possible to the ring mold without
pressing down too firmly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes or until brown.
- Serve immediately.