Potato Dumplings (German)
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook potatoes in skins the day before making.
- The next day, peel and mash potatoes
or put through a potato ricer.
- Add flour, eggs and seasoning and knead to a firm dough.
- Sauté bread pieces in butter, then form pieces of dough into dumplings enclosing
a few sautéed bread cubes in center of each dumpling.
- Shape and drop into boiling, salted water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.