- 4 baking potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup matzo meal or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Applesauce for topping (optional)
- In a food processor, finely chop the potatoes and onion.
- Add eggs, matzo meal
or flour, salt and pepper. Process until potatoes are very finely chopped (the mixture
will look like bottled horseradish).
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil over medium high heat until hot but
not smoking. Drop heaping tablespoonsful of the potato mixture into the oil. Cook
for 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve right away or keep warm in a 200 degree F oven.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.