- 5 medium-size potatoes
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 medium onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Peel potatoes. Using a box grater, grate potatoes using the small grating side.
After grating all 5 potatoes, you will see "water" in the bowl. Pour out
as much of the water as possible.
- Grate in the onion, add egg, salt and pepper,
and matzo meal. Mix together. As the matzo meal is used to bind the mixture and
thicken a bit, you might need to add more.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan. Drop by tablespoon into hot oil. Fry until
browned, turn, and fry until second side is brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.