(Panques de Papa)
- 6 red potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Put into boiling water and boil until potatoes are fully cooked. Drain, then discard
- Heat oven to 150 degrees F.
- Beat potatoes on medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Mix in eggs, cheese, salt and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Form 1-inch balls and then flatten the balls into rounds.
- In a heavy skillet, heat the oil.
- Dip potato pancakes in remaining bread crumbs
and fry pancakes until brown on both sides — 1 minute on each side, then 30
seconds on the first side again.
- Place fried pancakes on a paper towel on an oven-proof platter.
- When finished frying potato pancakes, discard the paper and place the pancakes
in the oven until ready to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.