- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion slices
- 6 cups cooked potato slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a white sauce with butter, flour, milk and seasonings.
- Add cheese and onion slices. Stir until cheese melts.
- Layer half of potatoes and cheese sauce in an 11
x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Top with green pepper and drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.