Remarkably easy and delicious dumplings that are similar to Italian gnocchi.
Serve these with grilled meat or sausage.
- 1/2 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (generous) baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg, salt, nutmeg and
baking powder in large bowl to blend. Mix in flour (dough will be soft). Dip 1/2-teaspoon
measuring spoon into boiling water to moisten. Scoop up generous 1/2 teaspoon of
dough and return spoon to water, allowing dough to drop. Working in 2 batches, repeat
dropping 1/2 teaspoonsful of dough into water, first dipping spoon into water to
moisten each time. Boil dumplings until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to colander and drain.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add dumplings. Sauté until
beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer dumplings to bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Makes 4 side dish servings.
Source: Bon Appetit - July 1997
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.