Pumpkin and Habanero Cheddar Soufflés
Habanero Cheddar Soufflés are baked inside tiny pumpkins for individual side
dishes that will delight everyone at your table.
- 8 mini pumpkins
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces Cabot Habanero Cheddar, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place uncut pumpkins in large shallow dish and add 1/4 inch of water; cover tightly
with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool.
- Reheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With paring knife, remove tops from pumpkins. Remove and discard seeds, then
scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Place four cups of pumpkin flesh in mixing bowl. Separate eggs, stirring yolks
into pumpkin flesh and placing whites in separate bowl.
- Stir flour and baking powder into pumpkin mixture, then stir in cheese. Season
with salt and pepper.
- Whip egg whites into stiff peaks. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon soufflé mixture
into pumpkin shells.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until puffed and set.
Makes 8 servings
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Weiss.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes