Ranch Scalloped Potatoes
Adding Ranch dressing mix to scalloped potatoes will have your family and guests begging for more! This recipe can easily be halved for a 9-inch square baking dish.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 6 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 pounds red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, Half-and-Half, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Place half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; layer with 1 cup onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, for 50 minutes.
- Uncover; bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes longer.
Prep: 25 min | Bake: 1 hr | Yield: 12 servings