- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen raspberries, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped, green chiles, drained
- 5 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cook onions in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in berries, brown sugar, salt, chili powder and 2 tablespoons water; cook until
berries are mushy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pineapple and chiles; let cool.
- Refrigerate, covered.
- Before serving, mix in cilantro and lemon rind.
- Serve with crackers or as a side dish with poultry or pork.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.