Red Cabbage with Apple
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced in long slivers
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium-size tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Heat the oil. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add cabbage and apple. Stir often
for 5 minutes, then stir in caraway seed, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, water,
salt and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is very tender
and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes