- 4 cups Wisconsin ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups flour
- Bring large kettle of salted water to a simmer. Mix ricotta, eggs, nutmeg, salt,
zest and pepper in large bowl.
- Add flour, stirring to make a wet dough.
- Working in batches, spoon teaspoon-size shaped gnocchi and poach in simmering water. Cook
until gnocchi float, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Serve immediately, or brown in butter if desired.
- Serve with sautéed spinach or your favorite bitter green.
By Chef Jonathan Hunter
the Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin Marketing Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.